Friday, July 13, 2012

Cookies, on cookies, on cookies!

So my lovely cousin Cathy was the one who kick started me into this little adventure with asking if I could do some cookies for some center pieces at their next Colorado Charity Alliance event.  Like I said I jumped in head first, well not without consulting my all-knowing mother, but she was on board immediately also! So the order was for 100 cookies! So I got started on some test runs on Sunday even though they were not due till Thursday as I wanted to make sure I had a good game plan and that I left enough time to bake 100 cookies in 3 days! Of all weeks my fiancĂ© was out of town for work so I was home alone with our two boys trying to make this order happen, so you can just imagine what our house looked like hahaha and even with giving myself so much time I was still up till 3 am the night before trying to get every last cookie it its own bag and it the box ready to roll for a pick up that Thursday morning.  But I am happy to say I got everything done and for my first gig, which was pretty big order for lil ole me, turned out to be a success. Thanks to my mom and BFF for helping me out with store runs and last minute business cards to leave me more time for baking and decorating!! I had my one night of rest last night and now moving on to my next gig this Sunday, helping a friend out from high school with a dessert bar (my favorite thing to do) for her daughter and nieces birthday!
Here are some pics of my cookie journey this week!










No comments:

Post a Comment