Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Even Rad Batter has Beiber fever!!

This weekend I had a gig for a Justin Beiber Cake! Yep I can't deny it, I too have Beiber fever ;) haha So as some of you may know, cupcakes are my bread and butter but now since starting this project I've had to branch out of my comfort zone. So the Biebs cake would be my first attempt at a full blown fondant cake! Too be honest I was pretty nervous about the zebra pattern I had chose for the cake but I just think it looks so cute and girly I really wanted to do it. I had printed out a template of sorts but after trying to use it for the first minute I scratched that idea and decided to just free hand it. Now I am no artist in the drawing field so doing anything with out a template makes me nervous but the good thing about zebra print nothing has to be perfect. Actually the less perfect the better the pattern looks :) so I baked everything early in the morning so I would have plenty of time to do the fondant but of course right as I'm about to start, the life partner called and said he forgot his radio, which meant I was taking a mini road trip with the kiddos out to Brighton!! Arg! To say the least, that was going to take 2 hours out of my planned time. So by the time I got home I was not feeling very confidant as now I don't have any spare time In case the first fondant go around was a disaster. Thankfully the fondant went on without a hitch so I could start enjoying myself again! So here are some pictures I took throughout the day

No comments:

Post a Comment